These proposed voluntary commitments outline the major standards that enterprises operating in Laos should observe to build responsible agricultural value chains. It takes into account international standards for responsible agricultural value chains.
The purpose of this document is to provide a guiding framework for enterprises who will being collaborating with members from the LIWG.
In this booklet comprises with seven topics:
- Cross-cutting Responsible Business Conduct standard
- Protection of individual rights
- Tenure rights over and access to natural resources
- Environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources
- Animal welfare
- Respecting the rule of law